We’ve been a bit lazy of late, but here is something to wake us from our torpor. Cutting through our fortnight of hibernation is the submerged, seductive pop of Purity Ring‘s Ungirthed. A 7″ is coming soon via our pals at Transparent, who have followed a slinky remix from Christian AIDS with another by the engimatic Deptford Goth. We spoke to Purity Ring about quaintness, yams and Soulja Boy.
1. “Yams used to be used to make steroids and oral contraceptives. Orange estrogen.”
2. “If you sleep with the moon shining on you, the garden grows in your stomach.”
3. “Purchase our 7″.”
1. “Delicate Steve – Don’t Get Stuck (Proud Elephants). It’s so nice. Like those giant bubbles that float up and hit your body when somebody is scuba diving below you.
Delicate Steve – Don’t Get Stuck (Proud Elephants)
2. “Soulja Boy – Grammy. Such deep emotion in this slow-burner, it’s about the perils of not having a grammy (something we can relate to). “What do you want from me, I’ve given you everything”- give this poor man a grammy already before I cry.”
Soulja Boy ft. Ester Dean - Grammy [Stream only]
1. “Quaintness, we wish everything were quaint.”
Purity Ring’s Ungirthed 7″ is out soon on Transparent.