We’ve loved Hi Clancyness since the dawn of internets and have even taken a holiday in the Italian lakes based on his recommendation (it was great!). We finally got round to asking him our three dumb questions and it’s a real treat.
1. “If I die and come back as a drink…well I wanna be a Chilango, a Chilango Margarita, it’s a margarita doped up with a Mexican blend of roasted chiles and citrus. It just kills and stings and makes your head freeze for a second or two.”
2. “I’ve lived in over six cities in Italy, three cities in Canada, one city in USofA and one in England. ”
3. “Best summer ever was spent working up in Sioux Narrows, Ontario in 1996. Mowing lawns, treading lakes, colouring hair with Kool-Aid.”
1. “Women – Venice Lockjaw (formerly Salt Remains). This band just epitomizes everything I love about music, it has the mystery, the ‘everything is gonna fall apart’ in any second of the song, and the ability to go from sonic assaults to tender love torch songs that you can put in any mixtape. I heard this song live while touring with them and now they changed the title for the new album coming out.”
2. “Ellie Greenwich – You Don’t Know. Just melts my heart every time I hear it. I’ve been wanting to cover it forever, but how can you?”
1. “Play in the nastiest, dirtiest garage band ever. And have the chops to pull it off.”